Applications for Passport to Airlie 2016 Battle of the Bands Competition are now open!!!
We are pleased to announce that this year’s Passport to Airlie will be held at one of Newcastle’s premier live music venues THE STAG & HUNTER.
Heats will be held on Sundays 3.00pm – 7.00pm over five weeks from August 14th to September 11th. One winner from each of the five Heats will go straight into the final. A Wild Card entry will also be chosen once all 5 Heats have been held, with the act being notified on Monday 12 September 2016. there will be six finalists in total. Finals will be held on Sunday, September 18th, with the winner to represent Newcastle at the National Passport to Airlie Grand Final at the Airlie Beach Festival of Music……
……The winner of the Grand Final will be invited to perform on the Main Stage in the Big Top at the Airlie Beach Festival of Music 2017 and will receive 4 nights accommodation and VIP festival passes.
Prizes for the Newcastle winners are:
1st Prize: $1,000 CASH – 4 Nights Accommodation in Airlie Beach* – 3 Day VIP Festival Passes includes Food & Alcohol – A spot at the Passport to Airlie Grand Final with the winner being invited to perform on the main stage in the Big Top at the Airlie Beach Festival of Music 2017
* (Transfer to Airlie Beach for regional winners are not included)
2nd Prize: $250 CASH
The serious stuff
The competition is open to all solo artists, duos, and bands that meet the following competition requirements:
- All entrants must be 18+ to enter
- Each registered act will be required to perform a 30-minute set
- Each set must contain a minimum of 3 original songs (5 songs in total)
- Competition is open to most genres excluding Heavy Metal and Hardcore
- All acts are required to be at their Heat prior to 3:00 pm, where their names/performance times will be drawn out of a hat.
- All participating acts on the night are required to remain at the Heat until the winner is announced, to show support for your fellow artists performing on the night.
- Artists are required to bring their own backline (amps, drum kit/cymbals, instruments etc.) PA is supplied by the venue.
- Winning act must be willing and able to perform at the Airlie Beach Festival of Music on Friday 4, Saturday 5 & Sunday 6 November 2016.
How to apply
All artists wishing to apply are to provide a link to their completed Muso’s Garage Profile/Press Kit. Artists without a Muso’s Garage Press Kit can sign up for FREE at www.musosgarage.com/register
Be sure to upload clear photos of you or your band, as well as upload either music videos (YouTube/Vimeo/Facebook) or audio (SoundCloud / Mixcloud), so that we can listen to your music. YouTube/Vimeo and SoundCloud/Mixcloud are also free to join.
All applications will be reviewed to ensure suitability for the Festival, and will be notified which Heat you will be slotted into. No special treatment will be given to artists that are wanting to perform at a certain Heat or time.
GOOD LUCK !!!!!
FOR FURTHER DETAILS GO TO: PASSPORT TO AIRLIE – NEWCASTLE
Cover Photo By: Andrew Pattinson